US Mint to Hold "Last Chance Sale"
Today the US Mint announced significant cuts to their current slate of product offerings. (See related post: US Mint Cuts Product Offerings by 60%.) At the same time, the Mint is also switching its order fulfillment and shipping contractor from PSFWeb to Pitney Bowes, which will entail moving products to a new shipping facility.
In an attempt to clear its shelves, the Mint has announced a "Last Chance Sale." Products for sale will include numerous sets, bags, and rolls. Many of the products include items from prior years that have not been available for sale from the US Mint for some time.
One of the most surprising products to see on the list is the 2004 US Mint Set. These currently sell for over $40 on the secondary market.
The sale will begin Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 12:01 AM ET and will conclude on December 19, 2008 at 5:00 PM ET.
The products offered in the last chance sale will include the following:
- Annual Coin Sets - including 2007 Proof Set, 2007 State Quarter Proof Set, 2004 Mint Set, 2006 Mint Set, 2007 Mint Set, 2007 Silver Proof Set, 2007 Silver State Quarter Proof Set
- State Quarter Bags and Rolls - including Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oregon, Colorado, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona
- State Quarter First Day Covers - many states from New Jersey to Utah
- State Quarter Coin and Die Sets - various states form North Carolina to Utah
- State Quarter Collector's Spoons - various states from Iowa to Arizona
- Presidential Dollar Coin Covers - including Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison
- Kennedy Half Bags and Rolls - including 2001
- Sacagawea Dollar Bags and Rolls - including rolls from 2001; and 2,000-coin bags from 2002, 2004, 2005
- Jefferson Nickel Bags, Rolls, and Sets - including 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- State Quarter Greetings from America Card and Portfolio Sets - including all years from 1999 to 2007
- 50 State Quarters and Euro Coin Collection
- Official Coin Collecting Starter Kit
Labels: US Mint